Monday, June 23, 2014

July 2014 Banlist WISHLIST

Hey guys! As you know, the next banlist becomes invalid on July 13, so there's a good chance we'll be seeing the next one sometime in early July. That makes now a decent time to have discussion for the next banlist, ranging from wishlists to predictions and everything else in between. You can see from the title that this is a WISHLIST and NOT a prediction; these are just things I would like to see happen, not things that I think will happen. This isn't as extensive of a list as I normally like to write, since I feel like this format doesn't need it that much.

Banned: 1

Judgment Dragon

Limited: 13

Artifact Moralltach
Bujin Yamato
Fire Hand
Ice Hand
Geargiarmor
Infernity Archfiend
Kuribandit
Madolche Anjelly
Mermail Abyssteus
Evilswarm Ophion
Soul Charge
Abyss-sphere
Geargiagear

Semi-Limited: 2

Fire Formation - Tenki
Reckless Greed

Unlimited: 0


For many of you, this list is probably pretty self-explanatory. The main goal is to knock some of the popular decks down a notch while also hitting some cards that have seen widespread play in many decks. That being said, here are some explanations for things that may not be all that obvious:

Judgment Dragon: This card has always been powerful, but it's more relevant now that Lightsworn are receiving new support. Although I used to play and enjoy Lightsworn, in my honest opinion, I think that a walking 3000 ATK field nuke is more than fair game for the Forbidden List.

Mermail Abyssteus & Abyss-sphere: This probably looks really weird considering that Mermails haven't done a whole lot since PRIO became legal, but the deck has a well-documented history of submerging and resurfacing periodically according to how the meta is shaping up (pun intended). My goal with these hits is to stop that cycle from happening anymore.

Evilswarm Ophion: Honestly, if you're an Evilswarm / anti-meta enthusiast you can go ahead and skip this section because you're not going to care what I have to say anyways. The reason I'm limiting Ophion should be fairly obvious to everyone else though; the concept of a deck that floodgates such a gigantic portion of the playable strategies this game has to offer is pretty damn ridiculous. I'm not going to ban the card entirely, but I am going to take a step to make its execution a little weaker.


Are there any cards I missed? Leave a comment down below and let me know. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment