Wednesday, January 16, 2013

CBLZ TCG Exclusives Review - Part 1

Hey guys, it's late and I need to be up in the morning so I don't have time to write much. All I want to say is that I was on Pojo in the afternoon as our Italian friend (Nephren is his user name) was spoiling all the good shit. Needless to say, it was a great time to be alive.

Because of my time restriction, for part 1 I'm just going to briefly run through the cards and give you my quick general impression of them. Hopefully sometime very soon I'll be able to go way more in-depth. I also have a "hits and misses" type article planned for the set as a whole, addressing the rarities in particular. But for now, let's get started!

000 Noble Arms - Caliburn
I've talked about this card before, and I like it. It's good and useful, but not super powerful or broken.

081 Noble Knight Medraut
FINALLY this deck makes sense now. He is literally the piece that brings the puzzle together. This card is vicious with Returning Alive

082 Haze Beast Manticore
They wasted a chance to do something really nice for an underpowered archetype, and one that I also happen to like. Disappointed.

083 Mermail Abyssteus
This card's mere existence helps me a LOT since I can't afford Megalos, but as an Ultra, I can't see this being exactly cheap for a while.

084 Bonfire Colossus
This card is horrible. The "don't have two targets" loophole is nice though.

085 Mystic Fairy Elfuria
Very...interesting, but not worth the amount of play people seem to think it is. The decks that can play this have way better things to use a summon on.

086 Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights
Again - FINALLY. Artwork is exceptional as with all the NKs, effect is good but not overpowered. This looks like a good archetype for Trap Stun.

087 Infernal Flame Vixen
So fucking sexy.

088 Spell Wall
Can we stop with the support for stuff like Spellcasters and Dragons already? Overall it's a decent card, stops Warning or any other summon response which can be invaluable with High Priestess.

089 Kickfire
What really hurts this I think is the once per turn thing. It's not horrible, it's just not worth playing in a typical Fire-based deck over the other Trap cards that exist at the moment. If you really wanted to you could probably build a deck based on this and Wave-Motion Cannon though, which is nice.

Thanks for reading! Come back soon for more Cosmo Blazer articles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment