Monday, July 1, 2013

Fire King Deck Profile #4, 07/01/13

Welcome to the latest update of one of my pet projects! The deck profile is a little different this time around as I finally actually got around to testing it again, although only a tiny bit. Regardless, here's what I've got right now:

Let's go over the changes since last time:

1. I am the biggest idiot alive. While testing, I finally realized that baby Garunix can't summon the adult version because it has "High" in its name. It's a bullshit technicality, but it totally tricked me. As such, I decided to just try the build without him from now on since that was the main reason I was even playing him.

2. A rather sinister Spell has joined the Main Deck... The Seal of Orichalcos! I actually got this idea from playing a match against Fire Kings while practicing with Frog Monarchs, and it's pretty good so far. It makes your monsters fucking fearsome as shit and ends games faster, and it's another destruction trigger for Garunix. Very cool.

3. I realized how often you need your life points to cushion you until you draw into the right cards to make a play, so Solemn Warning was solemnly cut.

4. I've added a pair of Breakthrough Skills to provide the effect negation that I always wanted in the main deck, as well as more cards to fight Ophion.

5. I'm actually not sure if I want to keep Skill Drain in the Side, since it cuts off Garunix's Dark Hole effect. I'm going to stick with it for now though, just because it should do more damage to other decks than it'll do to mine. But I've got my eyes peeled...

Those are the only changes I've made since the last profile, so I'll keep hard at work and update you again in another few weeks (or whenever a hugely important change happens). If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to comment. Stay tuned for more profiles of some of my other favorite decks in the coming weeks. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment